I have a few people on Tumblr who follow me who are fellow believers. Thank you for the fellowship and connection here. Having an ecumenical dialogue with fellow Christians can be a good way to build community.
However you need to know who I am as a believer and a follower of Jesus. Some of you won’t agree on everything and that’s cool.
- I affirm the Apostles Creed as a basic foundation of my faith.
- I am a member of the United Methodist Church and serve as a Local Church Lay Servant.
- I am a liberal and I encourage other liberals of faith to rock on!
- I think many protestants need to brush up on church history as much as the Bible.
- I am a fan of women as clergy.
- I think addressing someones physical needs first can help address their spiritual needs down the road.
- I reject fundamentalism in all religion. However there are fundamentals we all need as believers.
- I believe in being evangelical without being evangelical.
- I am a big fan of liturgy and the creeds.
- God and guns are not a winning combination.
- God is not a Republican or a Democrat.
- I believe in a faith of encouragement not destruction.
- Racism and sexism have no place in the church.
- I am LGBTQ affirming.
- I am a big fan of Catholics as well as Anglo Catholics.
- Bible worship is not cool.
- I believe that people don’t want scripture quoted to them, they want to see it in action.
- I believe in loving people for who they are because Jesus does.
To my friends who are not believers I love you too and celebrate our friendship no matter the religious differences. At times I need to talk to my fellow believers. They need to know what to expect from me. Thanks for putting up with this post.