This is the Pot Roast my wife made tonight. It’s really delicious.
Here’s the recipe from the picture I shared earlier. It’s delicious stuff.
- 32 oz chicken broth + 2 cups water
- 1 bunch green onions (about 6), diced
- 2 large or 3 small cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 serano chilie pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 can hominy OR 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cook 6 hrs in crock pot; then add:
- Two 4 oz cans baby shrimp
- ½ cup half and half or 1 can coconut milk
I served this with Cheesy Mexican Cornbread (1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix, ½ cup defrosted frozen corn kernels, ½ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, ¼ cup sour cream, 1/3 cup half-and-half, one egg, baked 400 degrees for 20 minutes).
My wife is known as the “Soup Diva” and she is making something different in the Crock Pot tonight. Thai Noodle Soup sounds delicious and it’s vegan. We don’t do vegan around here much, we had Tony’s Teriyaki Beef last night as you have seen in a earlier post. I am very intrigued by this new venture into Thai food.